All-Ages Advent Event Dec. 3; Stocking Project & St. Nicholas Visit Dec. 10
All are welcome for our annual, all-ages Advent Event on Sunday, December 3 at 9:00am! We will
have materials for you or your family to make an Advent Wreath with
candles. There will be other activities and refreshments, or you can
enjoy the fellowship and excitement of the day. If you have any
questions, contact the Reverend Kendrah at
The Stocking Project is Back! Our children and youth will decorate Christmas Stockings for the adult clients of our Loaves and Fishes outreach program. The stockings will be filled on December 10! We are asking parishioners to donate items to fill 60 stockings.
- travel size soap, shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, manicure sets, and other grooming items
- lotions, cologne, nail polish, makeup, and hair products
- mints, gum, candy, granola bars, or other individually wrapped food items (nothing perishable, please)
- gloves, caps, scarves, rain ponchos, decorative or seasonal socks
- calendars, notebooks, pens and pencils, small paperback books (light reading), decks of playing cards
- flashlights with batteries, small tool kits or sewing kits
- anything else that someone of limited means might enjoy receiving for Christmas
Someone dressed like St. Nicholas will visit on Sunday, December 10 and give the Children's Sermon! St. Nicholas was the Bishop of Myra in modern day Turkey. Many miracles are attributed to him. He is the patron saint of children and many others. Join us and hear about St. Nicholas and receive a token to remember this beautiful saint's story.